COVID-19 MITIGATION EXPECTATIONS
- Please remember to self monitor yourself and your dancer for any COVID symptoms before entering the buildings and stay home if experiencing any symptoms or if you have been exposed to anyone with a positive test.
- If your dancer is quarantined due to a school exposure, they should not come to dance.
- Masks are mandatory for all entering all locations due to government mandates. Those participating in classes will not be required to wear masks while participating in classes but are welcomed.
- Arrive/enter the building only 5 minutes before your class starts to avoid distractions for the class in session.
- Immediately sanitize your hands and your dancer's hands as you enter the building.
- Only one person allowed in the building with dancers 6 yrs old and younger due to gathering size restrictions.
At DK Dance Productions the health and safety of our members' staff, students, guests, and communities have always been our highest priority; a commitment that has only been heightened at this time in history. That's why we have used local and national guidelines to inform our best practices for service continuity and re-opening.
Because dance meets imperative student needs for physical, social, and emotional well-being, we are committed to helping our staff and students navigate reopening. We follow the Safer Studio™ standards put forth by our national association, More Than Just Great Dancing!® along with the utmost care and consultation of our local health departments and locally available information.
Local Government Regulations
DK Dance Productions follows all government orders, which mandates the use of masks inside buildings. We also adhere to government exceptions.
DK Dance Productions staff, parents, and dancers are informed about the symptoms of COVID-19 including, fever, cough, shortness of breath, diarrhea, sore throat/congestion, headache, chills, muscle and joint pain (multiple), nausea or vomiting, and, loss of sense of smell.
Dancers and staff should STAY HOME if they have any symptoms of COVID-19. They should also notify the studio owners/administrators and contact healthcare providers if they develop symptoms. If in doubt, sit them out.
Return to Training
- DK Dance Productions follows a phased approach to reopening physical services.
- DK Dance Productions' reopening plan:
- Reinforces an attendance policy that does not allow employees to work when sick or students to attend classes when sick.
- Reinforces proper hygiene and health standards with all staff members and students, including frequent handwashing and/or sanitizing, not touching the face, and sneezing and/or coughing into elbows.
- Increased frequency of sanitation in high traffic areas and high touch surfaces of the studio such as barres, floors, counters, stereos, and bathrooms.
- Adjusted studio operations based on public health guidelines and recommendations regarding PPE, assembly/gathering/occupancy size, and social distancing where possible and practical.
- Adjusted curriculum and teacher training to reduce or eliminate hand-holding, equipment-sharing, and mingling where possible and practical.
- Communicates a clear policy for each phase of opening regarding student drop-off and pick-up, lobby availability, and amenity use.
- DK Dance Productions has a variety of service options available including private instruction, small group instruction, traditional classes, and online instruction (private) where possible and practical, to meet the needs of students and staff as well as for the ability to maintain service continuity in any situation.
- DK Dance Productions has a clear system of communicating the status of the classes. Communication is sent out each Monday with updates on each of the locations.
- DK Dance Productions understands that unlike older children and adults, young children cannot be expected to maintain social distancing at all times. Therefore, we focus on a hierarchy of measures beginning with avoiding contact with anyone with symptoms, frequent hand cleaning and good hygiene practices, amplified cleaning, and minimizing contact and mingling.
- If DK Dance Productions receives a report of exposure risk, any affected classes will be notified, and exposure-risk level cleaning will be enacted. There is absolutely no penalty for absence.
At DK Dance Productions we are proud of the work our team has done since 2006 to create the highest quality experiences and environments for our staff, students, and guests. Because of this groundwork, and the strength of our network, we believe our studio is in a strong position to remain open for classes. We are honored to serve our communities at this time.
All my best,
Darci K. Ward